Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You know who I Zee will go a long long way??


Did I tell you how many times I've been watching her videos on youtube? I found Kantoi rather interesting. The video shows of Zee with a bassist and a drummer. But for some reason you don't hear the bass at all. Instead the final edit was kept to just her voice and the ukelele which was mic'd with what looks like a Schoeps condenser. I guess they finally decided to keep it as raw as can be. Even the drummer is playing with his naked hands as how Malay classic music is sometimes played in early 50s & 60s. And the dampened kick drum, and single mono mic was sheer genius. I wonder if Zee was involved in the creative directing to the final bits. Coz if she did, she's definitely made a great decision on how the final sound turned out to be. And that in turn helped the DOP to decide make the video in B+W. Love it. Love culture. Love simple folk music. Syabas!

No comments:

Post a Comment