Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fusion is back! 3 valves, 4 tuning knobs.




- Posted using Mobypicture.com


Been working/collaborating with Mike Onyango on couple of projects now. Mainly to edit his recordings from Nairobi. How often does one find an Asian - African collab work going on in Europe?! I doubt there's plenty. What's interesting about this goes back to the classroom here in Rotterdam's NT2 exam. I was anxious to get this Dutch Intergration thing over and done with so I've actually opted to go straight to the NT2 instead of crawling on the various monthly classes.

While waiting in the examination room I see this African brother sitting with his beanie on. So ok I can imagine 18˚C might be a little cold for an intergrating african. I had my jacket on myself.. The room was just not warmed up enough. My excuse. Hey its Holland. But it wasn't that warm in Kenya I remembered. The mornings there was just as cold. In fact its colder than it is here this morning in Rotterdam. But it warms up just as fast when the sun is out. Here, it just stays cold and grey. If you lucky, you get rain.

Anyway back in the classroom, I thought its best to say hello to this dude. Its part of Dutch requirement anyway that we greet one another. As soon as we said hello I could sense an accent I have not heard a while. The guy is Kenyan! HAHA! Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment