Saturday, December 5, 2009

Calm rainy nights. Even more as you feel the closing notes.




- Posted using Mobypicture.com

Its night for Sinterklaas... So is creeping up the attic? I don't hear anything yet. Hmm...

Dutch tradition can be bizarre. It felt strange. For some reason I find myself stumped on the thought on how 'cultures' in Holland can be so mutated but yet celebrated. So was there real reference on how this festivity originated from? I mean I've seen most of it from z@pp tv... But just exactly what is the reason on shifting santa's shadow to an earlier date - nobody seems to know. Is there any significance to the date 5th December in history? Was 25th of December not good enough. Oh yes, they celebrate both of em. For the only difference being its not a public holiday for Sinterklaas. Or is it?

Ah well... I guess just like most other trends and festivities in Holland. Its all for good fun of giving. And even though it might be a bit over-done, I think its always good when it comes to cheering kids up. There is no other country I know that celebrates and gives joy to the young as much as Holland does. So for that, you're excused Holland.

Alright, back to the tunes then. I just stopped thinking I heard a horse's neigh.





No comments:

Post a Comment