Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Finally time to finish off SLC motor club video.




- Posted using Mobypicture.com

So I finally got time to convert, squeeze, chop and crop the shoot fm two weeks ago. The camera was killing itself in that blistering cold ride. Most of the footages captured on top of Nick's GoldWing was either too shaky or it came out with broken time code. Digital gears just couldn't take the rumble and freezin temperature. It was like workin on arctic ice, trying to not shiver while the red lights on. Wish there was some kind of shock mounts I can place the camera on in near future. Maybe a Cine Saddle?

But anyway, this is what I manage to gather for a short music clip. I captured about 25 mins of video.. but even that was killing me to watch and log. Less than half would be good enuf to get into the timeline. All you hear is the low engine rumble and intermittent wind gusts missed by the dead cat I got on the Rode SVM. The high-pass filter that was on the back of that mic really helped a lot to cut off the low throttles coming fm the hogs. They're so loud that I can actually get that back by just pushing the lower 100Hz frequency up on ProTools EQ by 2-3 dBs. To think it was loud while the helmet is on. Think again when sitting in front of the monitors with bare naked ears!! No wonder the mic levels was peaking even after applying that -10dB pad!!

Anyway. Here's the final footage that I came up with in a day's edit. Hope the SLC guys will enjoy it as much as I did capturing it. Well the season's just begun. There's more of this coming up in near future I bet. Let's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment