Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life Doesn't Frighten Me




- Posted using Mobypicture.com


I received this as a birthday gift years back from our neighbor whilst living in the US. Yep.. My English is that bad. ; ) This specific one is used for seventh or eighth grade English language arts. And who ever thought it'd be a favorite with my kids. Zahara is definitely getting into the visual of things. So when I asked if she'd want to read her fav book for a picture book style video, she jumped on the idea. We recorded her voice with a simple flash recorder. I used Zoom H2 in Stereo .wav mode in 16bit/48KHz and then edited visually in Garage Band with her help too. The things that kids can do this days!!

Trivia: The pause at 1:41 after the line "Don't show me frogs and snakes.." was unintentional. The distant rattlings you hear in background was actually Leia spilling some beads onto the floor in the living room. :) But the timing was perfect to create that pause to the consecutive line, "and listen for my scream". Sometimes accidents can create a wonderful imagery in audio land. :)

The book in itself is filled with colorful works by Jean-Michel Basquiat and adapted into Dr. Maya Angelo's poetry. It seems inseparable after a while. The two compliment on each other, most unintentionally. I hope you enjoy this pioneering teamwork. So we detest April Fool. People fool each other everyday these days.. If only it was just for the 1st of April, life would have been less complicated for the rest that didn't have a clue. You know who you are. And for the rest of us fools.. don't be afraid.



Thanks to Vika for the piano track she allowed me to have. I actually didn't know when I should use it, but as background ambience, I thought "Summa" would do great. It's a classical piece by Arvo Pärt that she improvised. Definitely visit her youtube page under her pseudo name vkgoeswild. I believe its just a matter of time before we see Vika rockin the big stage. Oh no, she don't only play classical. You'd be surprised! Vika's original recorded track is viewable here. Make sure you subscribe to her too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment